Friday, December 5, 2014

I Was Just On Sabatacle? Yeah, Let's Go With That

Wow, it's been almost a year since my last blog post...

That totally sounds like some quasi-Catholic confessional opener

I don't have a good reason to explain why I haven't maintained this blog or contributed more regular blog posts, I just don't.  But, last night, out of nowhere, I starting thinking about this blog.  I realized that it had been forever since I wrote anything, and that got me thinking about other things as well.  I remembered that I read somewhere that most blogs were abandoned after 180 days...or something like that.  I guess I can add my name to the list which made that statistic true.  whoopsie.  It got me thinking how I miss the writing, miss the outpouring of my thoughts, miss the funny gif-filled posts, etc.  It got me thinking that I need to resurrect this thing, and recommit to doing better because
I just plain miss it.

A lot has transpired since January.

A lot hasn't transpired since January.

Still work at the same place with my crazy family.  Still have the same amazing friends.  Still have the best daughter in the history of daughters.  All in all, not much has changed with my day-to-day life.  That is both good and bad I guess.

The divorce is good & final & behind me, well most aspects anyway.  Child support was finally settled and is now being regulated...thank Christ.  I still see him every other week when my daughter goes to visit for the weekend.  To be honest, sometimes I wish I didn't have to see him that often.  Its not pleasant for me, but it means my daughter gets more time with him so I will just have to deal.  We are slowly getting into a comfortable truce-like relationship.  I have hope that a form of friendship will grow because I feel that is the best-case scenario for all three of us.

My kid started Kindergarten this past August.  I was no where emotionally prepared.  I cried daily for weeks after dropping her off.  She loves it and is prospering...thinks water fountains and the cafeteria are amazing.

I don't have the heart to tell her about all the germs and mystery meat yet.
  
I couldn't be happier for her, but it is so bittersweet.  It is a milestone that has marked not only a new beginning, but also an end.  She continues to grow & evolve & flourish.  She is not my baby anymore and some days I don't handle that truth well.

Still single.  Not one single, solitary date...well maybe one, but I'm not entirely convinced it was a legit date.  I'm still trying to work that one out.  I'm good with it though.  Yes of course I have felt lonely at times.  I've wished to have a little companionship or an adult night out.  I miss the kissing, hugs, conversations, butterflies, and meaningful looks.  I miss that sappy shit.  However, I don't miss it enough to just go out with anything possessing a penis & a low-level of interest.  It will happen, at some point, I'm sure of it.

My daughter and I just got home from spending 8 days in California.  My best friend and her family finally came back to the states.  It did my soul good to see her, even I had no idea how beneficial it would be.  She is the truest friend I have ever had and now that she is state-side, I will be making every effort I can to visit more often.

The new year is right around the corner.  This year has been nothing but a blur.  It was full of good happenings, shit storms, anger-laced rants, tears, laughs, discoveries, beginnings & ends.

2015 is gonna kick ass...I have good feeling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment