Monday, February 16, 2015

Win All The Challenges!

The seventh blog challenge topic is...


Something I've Been A Champion Or The Best At...

I will be the first to admit that I am a extremely competitive person.  I'm passive and laid back until a situation, any situation, arises that results in a winner being named.  Game nights, sports, academics, etc.  I've even started noticing that when my child competes, my competitive streak flares to life.

The first thing that comes to mind is something I wasn't necessarily "a champion or the best" due to the fact there wasn't a clearly defined competition issued.  Nonetheless, I'm proud to say that during my entire college career I maintained a 4.0 GPA.  I took some really difficult classes, so it was quite the undertaking to succeed at achieving that GPA semester after semester.  It was touch and go during my two semesters of physics, to be honest.  There was a lot of crying and a lot vodka, but I persevered. 


 
Basically...

If there is one thing that I continue to "Be the Best" at, it is trivia...meaning I win more than I lose.  Trivial Pursuit is my all-time favorite game, and the app/game Trivia Crack is my current obsession.  I guess I have this uncanny ability to retain random ass facts.  It makes little sense to me that I can remember that tomatoes are members of the nightshade family, but I can't remember if I put deodorant on that morning?!


Again....basically.  I will never understand it.

I thought that as I age, my competitive streak would lessen.  I'm learning that was a delusion of a hopeful, naive mind.  I am now convinced that it is encoded in my DNA.  I'm not saying I am a bad sport when I lose, because I'm not.  Disappointed...yes.  Complete douche bag-cry baby...no.  And make no mistake, I do lose occasionally.  I'm not one of those people who decline challenges unless I think I can win.  I've had some of the best/most fun experiences when I've completely tanked at activities.  As long as there have been good people & lots of laughter around, failing never bothered me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment