Thursday, March 26, 2015

Background Music

The twelfth blog challenge topic is...


A Band/Musical Artist That Has Impacted My Life...

 I love music and my taste is quite varied.  I don't really think there has been one band or one artist that has significantly impacted my life.  Like I said, I love music, but it has not been integral to shaping my life...its been more like a pleasant accompaniment.  Even though I can't say that this particular album got me through my angsty teenage years, or that this particular singer inspired me to go on an epic road trip, it does have the ability to drudge up memories.

Michael Jackson's Thriller album....my mom would put this on when I was a kid while cleaning the house on the weekends.

Top Gun soundtrack...one of my brother's favorites so I had to endure it, a lot.

Garth Brooks & Shania Twain...some of my earliest memories after moving to Texas involve their music, usually in the truck on the way to Ruidoso.

Ace of Base's The Sign album...Jesus.  This freaking album.  I think you would be hard pressed to find any girl my age who didn't listen to this album on repeat.  I think of this album and I think of being on a school bus traveling to out-of-town games or golf tournaments.

Nine Inch Nails...listened to them in high school, a lot.  This was the angst I mentioned earlier.

Theory of a Dead Man, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Chevelle....my mid 20's.  My recall isn't the greatest because of booze.

My ex-husband prior to divorce....Dig by Incubus

My ex-husband post divorce...Fake It by Seether

I've been listening to the My Little Pony: Rainbow Rocks soundtrack on repeat in the car.  It is my daughter's current obsession and now we both know all the lyrics by heart as well as engaged in some amazing singalongs.  When I'm child-free, its Fall Out Boy & Taylor Swift's latest albums.  I'm pretty sure I have more Fall Out Boy then anything in my iTunes library.  A recent situation caused me to resurrect some old favorites...Blue October's Hate Me in particular.

Dear God this post is a disjointed train wreck, lol...far from the intended topic but I honestly don't give a shit.






No comments:

Post a Comment