Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 22: My Academics

My academic history is kind of a sore spot for me due to my love of learning.  I one day hope to return to college and finish out what I started so long ago.

I graduated high school.

I attended a local college on a Journalism scholarship and wrote for their newspaper.

Moved out of state and took a few years off.

Attended a college located in the town I lived in, majoring in chemical engineering.

After taking all the classes I could there, I transferred to a larger state school and switched to petroleum engineering.

Moved back to Texas and started attending a small state school extension campus, which didn't offer engineering degrees, so I double majored in Geology & Chemistry.

Quit school to move overseas after I got married, and have not re-enrolled in college since returning.  

When I do go back, I know that I will go in a completely different direction.  I really want to major in History or Literature.  I love science and physics but I am very passionate about history as well as writing/books.  I don't know when I will have spare time to devote to furthering my education, but I know that it is one dream I will try my best to realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment