Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 6: My Views On Mainstream Music

I really don't have much of an opinion on mainstream music because I'm not overly passionate about it. Don't get me wrong, I love music…I appreciate the effect a good song can have on my mood.  I love how a song can reach me if I'm sad, how a song can fill me with energy for a night out with the girls.  But, it just doesn't rule my life or thoughts.

I hate that channels like MTV and VH1 are nothing but reality shows now…very little music.  That kind of bothers me and I feel like that is truly unfortunate.  I honestly can't remember the last music video I watched, beyond clips.  Do they even still make music videos?

Miley Cyrus is kind of big right now because apparently she is on drugs or needs an exorcism.  I don't get it I guess.  I can see that she is young and whatnot, but what she is doing is not "art" in my opinion. I've heard people's arguments saying she is an artist and her performances, behavior, and dress is just self-expression, but all I see is an immature girl acting out for attention and/or publicly getting back at her ex-fiance.  If I was her mother, I would be deeply embarrassed.  I wouldn't publicly say that, but I would having some serious conversations with her, "adult" or not…that shit is retarded.

Justin Bieber makes me want to commit homicide, namely his.

I'm not a big fan of rap.  I think its a little ridiculous they get paid so much for basically talking with background "music."

Country music annoys me.  Besides, maybe 4 songs, I don't listen to country.

Rave type music makes me angry and gives me a headache.

Don't really listen to metal.  That was just a phase in high school apparently.

I guess I listen to mostly alternative? Is that still the appropriate genre name?  Some Top 40 stuff too.

And, can please stop with the reality singing competition shows?  Seriously though...

No comments:

Post a Comment