Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 8: What I Ate Today

Treating my body like the temple that it is, I had copious amounts of coffee, cherry Coke, and nachos today….and I'm not kidding.

Instead of detailing my meals and providing Instagram-type pictures like some hipster asshole, I decided to showcase all the food I've made in the last couple of days.  I work full-time for the family business, but in my spare time I own/operate a dessert business out of my home kitchen.  Christmas baking is in full swing around here and this blog challenge offered the perfect opportunity to inform you all about what I've been up too as of late.

First up:

Peppermint Meringue Cookies


Light & airy with a perfect amount of pepperminty goodness & crunch



Caramel-Nut Popcorn


Really tasty due to the orange zest with lends a citrus layer of flavor

Marble Espresso-Walnut Chocolate Bark


Chocolate + Espresso = Sugar Nirvana

Cardamon-Molasses Cookies


If you like gingerbread, you would probably love these too.  The cardamon really lends an unique spicy flavor complimented by the sugary molasses.

Gingerbread Bear Cookies *my daughter assisted with these bad boys*

4 year old logic: A bedazzled eyepatch…ok.  Toothpick peg leg…not ok.


I know I will be baking constantly for the next few weeks and I am looking forward to every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment